Monday, April 12, 2010

Little Kylie's Jurassic Park Toys

I have a nephew who absolutely adores his Jurassic Park toys. He sleeps with them, eats with them, and well, of course... he plays with them, day in and day out. Although it initially baffled me why this little kid would actually like spending all his time with these dinosaur figures because they actually look like the real thing only in a miniature size which means they DO look scary and ready to chase after you and bite you, after observing Kylie playing during one of the afternoons I looked after him, I realized it was the excitement and the imaginary adventure the Jurassic Park toys brought that ultimately thrilled Kylie.

I remember that hit Steven Spielberg movie came out when I was around 9 years old. Kylie's a few years shy that age, but his dad already made him watch the movie to his delight. Shortly after that Kylie begged everyone for a Jurassic Park toy for his birthday. And because my sweet little nephew is a smarty pants, he even told his mom and dad that they had to give him one birthday gift each. Not the usual one big wrapped box with the tag saying: "Happy Birthday, Sweetie. We love you!" The more people he could ask for gifts, the more Jurassic Park toys he'd be getting.

I applauded my nephew for his tactics. I was so impressed that at his young age he could be so creative in terms of going after what he wants that I actually ended up buying him four Jurassic Park toys. I got him a Pteranodon which looks like a bird, and Kylie, immediately after opening my first gift box, ran around flapping its wings and snapping its beak. There's also the Triceratops, my personal favorite among all four Jurassic Park toys I gave him. And of course the classic T-Rex and I added the young T-Rex for good measure. Kylie was just beyond ecstatic. He kept hugging me in delight. His mom and dad and other family friends also added to his little collection of dinosaurs. Kylie now has his own little world from all the Jurassic Park toys he got for his birthday.

Like I said, the make-believe adventure and journey those toys bring is exactly what makes it so appealing to my little nephew. I'm sure other little boys out there would affirm.

I can only hope now that Kylie takes care of his Jurassic Park toys so that once the time comes that he outgrows them, he can still pass this little adventurous world to maybe a future little brother, a cousin... or who knows, maybe even his future kids.

Everyone loves dinosaurs. So it doesn't come as a surprise that kid's just go ga-ga over dinosaur toys! And what better gift than uber-cool Jurassic Park Toys based on the blockbuster movie.

You'll definitely love this line of dinosaur toys!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Bobby_Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsor Links